Image by bbum
- Gin. Bombay Sapphire or, even better, Citadelle Gin.
- Heirloom Tomato. The juicier and more flavorful, the better.
- Fresh Basil. Lemon Basil is even better.
- Fresh Cucumber. Ideally, use Lemon Cucumbers.
- Ice and Water or Soda Water
- 16oz glass
- Crush the basil leaves into the glass
- Cut a slice of tomato, quarter if necessary, and add to the glass
- Cut a slice of cucumber, quarter if necessary, and add to the glass
- Add 2 to 4 ounces of gin to the glass. Let sit for a couple of minutes, stirring gently a few times.
- Add ice; 2 to 4 cubes
- Top off with fresh water (good water only!) or soda water
The resulting drink is extremely refreshing. At the end, there are some tasty marinated veggies to eat.